If you have been injured in a car accident, you should consult with the experienced lawyers at Sutton & Smyth, LLP to see if you are entitled to compensation. A car accident can leave you in physical and mental pain, as well as leave you stuck with unexpected bills. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve after a car accident. Call 877-529-6570.
Car Accident Statistics
According to the New York State Traffic Safety Committee’s 2020 Annual Report there were an average of 11,007 serious injuries and 1,040 fatalities per year from car accidents between 2016-2020.
Statistics in NYC show that 2021 may be more dangerous than 2020. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, call 877-529-6570 for a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer.
What to Do After Being Involved in a Car Accident?
- Stop your vehicle and call 911
- Request an ambulance if anyone is injured
- Assess for Immediate Danger
- Do not move your vehicle or any person
- Only treat injured people if you are trained to
- Gather Information
- Get information of involved drivers and witnesses
- Take photos
- Medical Treatment
- Seek medical attention immediately if injured
- Inform medical staff of every injury
- Report your accident to your car insurance company
- Report your accident ASAP
- Apply for PIP/no-fault benefits within 30 days of your accident
- If your insurance company pays, they may seek reimbursement if you get compensation
- Call an Experienced New York Car Accident Attorney
- Call 877-529-6570 for a free consultation today